Job Offer #10343
Avoid scams and fraud!
Beware of any job involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check,
or money order. Never give out financial information. More info
|Short Description of the Job.
|Complete Description of the Job.
||Residence Manager II
40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year On call as
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Human
Services or related field and one year of
experience working with persons with
developmental disabilities. OR four years
of experience working with persons with
developmental disabilities. Supervisory
experience preferred. Valid NYS drivers
license acceptable to Agency insurance
standards. Satisfactory completion of
Agency training within six months of
The Residence Manager II works in a
behaviorally involved home or supervises
more than one group home and is directly
responsible to the Assistant Director of
Residential Services with respect to
questions regarding program policies,
practices or procedures. The Residence
Manager II is responsible for the overall
day to day operation of the home.
1. Documents and performs appropriate
follow-up of all incidents within a 24
2. Ensures proper usage and recording of
consumer and petty cash monies.
3. Participates in residence financial
4. Ensures medications are ordered,
received and stored in accordance with
5. Ensures home safety through the
documentation of fire drills and safety
6. Ensures scheduling and documentation of
appropriate orientation and in-service
training for all staff.
7. Approves and orders all program,
therapeutic and recreational supplies.
8. Conducts staff meetings.
9. Ensures proper planning, purchases of
food and preparation of meals directly or
10. Oversees the planning and supervising
of recreational and leisure time
11. Ensures that the cleanliness and
maintenance of the home is maintained and
that infection control checks are
completed in a timely fashion.
12. Oversees upkeep of program vehicles.
13. Participates in the recruitment and
selection process of program staff.
14. Establishes and maintains staff
15. Conducts staff performance
16. Conducts staff supervision checks on
overnight, weekend, early morning and
evening shifts on a quarterly basis.
17. Reviews and approves or denies staff
time sheets and requests for time off.
18. Works with the consumer, Service
Coordinator and/or Program Coordinator,
Advocate and family to ensure proper
understanding of the consumerís Individual
Service Plan (ISP).
19. Contributes to the planning and
development of consumer program plans.
20. Ensures that treatment plans,
interventions, and goals are implemented
and documented according to each
individual program plan.
21. Ensures all staff have a general
philosophical and working knowledge of
person centered planning.
22. Provides on-floor supervision of staff
and clients as needed.
23. Attends and participates in in-service
training as required.
24. Participates in residential committees
including but not limited to Incident
Review, Admissions/Discharge and Program
25. Attends Administrative Staff Meetings.
26. On-Call responsibilities as scheduled
by the Director or Assistant Director of
27. Monitors house budget so as to ensure
fiscal responsibility within budget
28. Participates in all OPWDD and IPR/IUR
29. Participates in development of the
plan of corrective action for any and all
deficiencies cited by OPWDD Survey bureau.
30. Provides assistance and training for
consumers in all personal skill areas
through the implementation of the
programmatic plans of service as agreed
upon by the consumer, advocate and team.
31. Fosters community inclusion by
involving the consumer in the planning and
a. implementation of recreational and
leisure time activities.
32. Provides and/or assists with direct
personal care to consumers including, but
not limited to: feeding, dressing,
toileting, and personal hygiene, while
respecting the privacy and dignity of each
33. Assists consumers and/or co-workers in
performing lifting or transferring
consumers to and from a wheelchair,
bathroom facilities, therapy tables or
bed, and performs any other lifts or
transfers as required.
34. Schedules, coordinates, and transports
and/or escorts consumers to program,
medical, dental, or other appointments as
needed (unless designated as non-driving
35. Administers medications and treatments
upon satisfactory completion of the
medication administration course.
Certification must be maintained through
remedial training and annual
recertification. Decertification will
result in a reduction of pay.
36. Implements and carries out prescribed
therapies or treatments as ordered by
licensed physicians, nursing staff, or
therapists. Performs behavior management
(SCIP) when necessary.
37. Demonstrates an understanding of
person-centered philosophy by respecting
and encouraging consumers to be as
independent as possible, providing
opportunities to make life choices,
encouraging consumers to communicate their
feelings and fears without the fear of
harm or reprisal, and ensuring that
consumers receive supports and services
which are effective and meet their needs.
38. Performs all job duties in a safe
manner by observing all Agency safety
rules, procedures and practices.
39. Performs all other duties as directed
by the Director or Assistant Director of
||Community/Social Services and Nonprofit
||Salary Range: $20.00 to $20.00 per Hour
|For More Information Contact.
|| Saratoga Bridges
16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Return To Previous Page